1. Breeder must be a current member of the ATFA.
2. The breeder must be listed on the ATFA registration. If this information was omitted when the dog was originally registered, the breeder may pay the transfer fee of $5.00 and have the papers updated. The points will only count from the transfer date forward.
3. To be included in the Breeder of the Year race, the breeder must have more than one dog that has accumulated points for the year.
4. Points will be accumulated in the same process as the Dog of the Year points. 1st - 40, 2nd - 35, 3rd - 30, 4th - 25, 5th - 20, 6th - 15, 7th - 10, 8th 9th 10th -5 for Rally Hunts. 1st - 40, 2nd - 35, 3rd - 30, 4th - 25, 5th - 20 for the Regional Hunts.
5. The Breeder of the Year will be recognized on a page in the ATFA yearbook paid for by the ATFA.
6. Dogs that are co-owned by the breeder(s) will have points issued to each owner separately.
7. The Breeder of the Year race will accumulate points for all hunts that consist of the ATFA hunt season.
8. The breeder may have one or multiple females in which their offspring are accumulating points for the breeder.
9. In case of a points tie, the tie breaker will be the breeder with the most dogs qualified. If still a tie, it will be the breeder with the greater number of placements. If a tie exists, it will be the breeder with the highest hunt placements.
Above is a list of guidelines established by the Breeder of the Year Committee and approved by the ATFA Board of Directors.
2021-2022 - Todd Coles
2020-2021 - Todd Coles
2019-2020 - Todd Coles
2018-2019 - Keith Landrum
2017-2018 - Keith Landrum
2016-2017 - Keith Landrum
2015-2016 - Willard Crumpton
2014-2015 - Tony Kellar